McDaniel finishes fourth
What: ECAC Championship in women's cross country action
When: Saturday, Nov. 9
Where: Hudson Valley Sportsdome – Milton, N.Y.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel finished fourth at the ECAC championship hosted at the Hudson Valley Sportsdome, placing two runners in the top seven. The Green Terror posted 98 points.
• Megan Mesick (Fredericksburg, Va./Chancellor) led the Green Terror with silver medalist honors, completing the 6,000-meter course in a time of 26:02.7.
• Julia Murphy (Westminster, Md./Winters Mill) was seventh, crossing in a time of 26:45.7.
FOR THE FOES
• St. Joseph's (L.I.) won the team title, scoring 55 points in the field of nine complete teams, led by individual race winner Meagan Haviland, who posted a time of 25:24.2.
• Farmingdale State (63 points) and Mt. St. Mary (80) were second and third in the team standings.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Riley O'Hara (Fairfax, Va./Robinson Secondary School) finished 27th with a time of 28:44.7.
• Jill Shephard (Monkton, Md./North Harford) was 35th with a time of 30:00.8.
• Maria Kropkowski (Forest Hill, Md./North Harford) placed 39th with a time of 30:19.7.
• Bailey Chapman (Bel Air, Md./Patterson Mill) finished 48th overall with a time of 30:54.0.
• Mackenzie Meyer (San Jose, Calif./Pioneer) crossed 60th with a time of 32:38.8
THE INSIDE STORY
• A total of 78 runners competed at the 6,000-meter distance.
• Megan Mesick turned in the Green Terror's fastest time on the course and bettered her time from a year ago on the same course by nearly six-and-a-half minutes.
• Julia Murphy posted the No. 2 time, bettering her mark from a year ago by more than seven minutes.
• Riley O'Hara ranks fourth on the all-time course list while Jill Shephard is fifth. Maria Kropkowski (6th), Bailey Chapman (7th) and Mackenzie Meyer (9th) all make the top 10 at Hudson Valley.
• Mesick and Murphy earn All-ECAC honors for their finish.
McDaniel returns to action at the NCAA Div. III Mideast Regional Championship hosted at Lehigh on Saturday. Action begins at 11 a.m.