McDaniel finishes sixth at Hood Twilight
What: Blazer Twilight in women's cross country action
When: Friday, Sept. 13
Where: Utica Park – Frederick, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel placed a pair of runners in the top 47 en route to a sixth-place finish at the Hood Blazer Twilight at Utica Park. The Green Terror posted 160 points.
• Julia Murphy (Westminster, Md./Winters Mill) finished 13th overall, covering the 5,000-meter course in a time of 20:13.9.
FOR THE FOES
• Messiah won the team title with 22 points behind five of the top seven individual finishers. Leanne Weaver won the race for the Falcons (18:18.4).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Maria Kropkowski (Forest Hill, Md./North Harford) finished 47th with a time of 22:41.6.
• Bailey Chapman (Bel Air, Md./Patterson Mill) placed 66th with a time of 24:35.8.
• Mackenzie Meyer (San Jose, Calif./Pioneer) was 71st overall with a time of 25:32.3.
• Renee Dupre (Hagerstown, Md./Smithsburg) placed 79th with a time of 27:27.4.
• Vanessa Valez Cabal (Cali, Columbia/Gimnasio la colina) finished 87th with a time of 29:19.0.
• Kamajinai Rice (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) was 92nd with a time of 30:27.1.
THE INSIDE STORY
• A total of 100 runners competed at the 5,000-meter distance.
• Julia Murphy, who turned in a personal-best 5K time, was the first runner to cross the line not from Messiah or Eastern.
• It was the first time for a 5,000-meter race at Utica Park.
• Megan Mesick (Fredericksburg, Va./Chancellor), competing in Saturday's 6,000-meter race at Navy, posted a time of 25:19.09 to finish 35th overall and post the Green Terror's all-time best time on the course.
McDaniel returns to action at Lancaster Bible Homecoming Invitational on Friday. Action begins at 4 p.m.