McDaniel (10-9, 4-2 CC) 3, Bryn Mawr (0-14, 0-5 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Saturday, Oct. 12
Where: Bryn Mawr, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel took the opening set 25-9 en route to a 3-0 sweep of Bryn Mawr.
• Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) was part of a balanced attack for the Green Terror with seven kills, four aces, four digs and a block.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) led the attack with nine kills to go with six digs and an ace.
• Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) added seven kills, an ace, four digs and two blocks.
• Isabel Paci (Ellicott City, Md./River Hill) chipped in eight kills, two aces and a block.
FOR THE FOES
• Nicole Wood led the Owls with six kills and seven digs.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Trailing 2-0 early in the first set, Makayla Patterson (Colorado Springs, Colo./Cheyenne Mountain) knocked down a kill then notched back-to-back aces to put McDaniel in front for good. The lead gradually swelled to 13-7 before Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) served five more points in a row. In total, the Green Terror scored 12 of the final 14 points for the 25-9 win.
• Trailing 4-1 on back-to-back Casandra Paz aces, Anna Jezerski knocked down a kill and then capped a 5-0 run with an ace. With a 13-9 lead, Jezerski knocked down two kills as part of seven straight service points by Marlowe Embry that stretched the lead to 19-9 en route to a 25-13 victory.
• Kills from Jezerski and Emma Lorenzen keyed an 8-4 start to the third set. Lorenzen added back-to-back aces for an 11-5 advantage before starting a run of five straight service points with an ace to cap to the 25-16 win.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The sweep was the first Green Terror CC match this season decided in three sets and fifth 3-0 win of the season.
• McDaniel held Bryn Mawr to -.044 hitting on the day, aided by five total blocks.
• With 10 aces, the Green Terror reached double-digit aces for the seventh time this year but first since Sept. 20 at Ursinus.
McDaniel returns to action at Haverford for a tri-match with Stockton on Saturday. The first match begins at 12 p.m.