McDaniel (9-8, 3-1 CC) 3, Washington (7-12, 1-3 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) volleyball match
When: Saturday, Oct. 5
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel got double-digit kills from three players in a 3-1 victory over Washington (Md.). The Green Terror took the first two sets by 25-12 and 251-7 margins before the Shorewomen took the third set 25-16 and McDaniel wrapped up the win, 25-16.
• Anna Jezerski (Ellicott City, Md./Howard) led the Green Terror attack with 18 kills and hit .325 on the match.
• Marlowe Embry (San Jose, Calif./J.H. Pitman) registered a double-double with 13 kills and 17 digs.
• Emma Lorenzen (Hagerstown, Md./South Hagerstown) added 11 kills.
• Gayle Edelstein (Livingston, N.J./Livingston) chipped in 44 assists, 10 digs and two aces.
• Kendall Hanak (Highlands Ranch, Colo./Rock Canyon) chipped in 11 digs.
FOR THE FOES
• Kylie Peets led the Shorewomen with eight kills.
• Abby Hilty led the defense with 14 digs to go with a pair of aces.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Back-to-back Anna Jezerski kills midway through the first set gave McDaniel a 13-5 lead. Gayle Edelstein capped the 25-12 win with an ace.
• After a back-and-forth start to the second set, a Jezerski kill gave the Green Terror a 8-7 edge that they did not relinquish. Another Jezerski kill and Marlowe Embry ace stretched the lead to 20-14 en route to a 25-17 victory.
• Three Jezerski kills helped McDaniel race out to a 5-0 lead in the third set. The Shorewomen, however, countered to tie the set at 6-all. Tied at 9-all, Abby Hilty notched back-to-back aces to give Washington the lead. Kylie Peets added back-to-back kills later in the set for a 21-11 lead en route to the 25-16 win.
• After four early ties in the fourth set, Emma Lorenzen knocked down a kill for a 6-5 edge. Two Hayley Mills (Bowie, Md./St. Vincent Pallotti) in three points extended the lead to 21-14 before Lorenzen capped the 25-16 win with a kill.
THE INSIDE STORY
• All four of McDaniel's conference matches so far have been played in four sets.
McDaniel returns to action at Franklin & Marshall on Thursday. Match time is 7 p.m.