McDaniel places seventh at Blue June Tune-Up
What: Women's outdoor track and field meet
When: Saturday, Apr. 27
Where: Elizabethtown, Pa. – Elizabethtown College
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel notched three top-two finishes to finish seventh at the Blue Jay Tune-Up hosted by Elizabethtown. The Green Terror finished with 28 points.
• Hannah Zajac (Houston, Texas/Clear Creek) won the long jump with a leap of 5.00 meters. The personal-best jump is a conference and ECAC qualifier. She also finished second in the high jump, clearing a CC- and ECAC-qualifying height of 1.47 meters. She rounded out her day eighth in the prelims of the 100 hurdles with a CC-qualifying time of 19.13 seconds.
• Rachel Dixon (Crofton, Md./Arundel) placed seventh in the long jump with a personal-best leap of 4.57 meters, which betters her conference qualifier.
• Sarah Case (Frederick, Md./Oakdale) was ninth in the shot put with a CC- and ECAC-qualifying throw of 9.93 meters. The mark ranks ninth in program history.
• The 4x400-meter relay of Riley O'Hara (Fairfax, Va./Robinson Secondary), Megan Mesick (Fredericksburg, Va./Chancellor), Rachel Dixon and Hannah Zajac finished second with a time of 4:41.07.
FOR THE FOES:
• Elizabethtown won the 14-team invitational with 173 points.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Rachel Dixon was ninth in the 100 with a personal-best time of 13.51 seconds, missing the ECAC qualifier by 0.01 seconds.
• Riley O'Hara was ninth in the 400 with a personal-best time of 1:07.90.
• Corrine White was ninth in the hammer with a throw of 21.39 meters, which ranks sixth all-time.
• Amanda Carzoo was 10th in the hammer with a throw of 14.39 meters, which ranks ninth all-time.
• Sarah Case placed 16th in the javelin with a CC-qualifying throw of 22.71 meters.
• Mackenzie Meyer (San Jose, Calif./Pioneer) placed 18th in the javelin with a personal-best and conference-qualifying throw of 22.08 meters.
• Bailey Chapman finished 22nd in the 1500 with a personal-best time of 6:19.62.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Megan Mesick crossed 12th in the 800 (2:38.28).
• Corrine White was 16th in the discus (22.82 meters), 20th in the javelin (19.61 meters) and 21st in the shot put (7.81 meters).
• Maria Kropkowski was 22nd in the 800 (2:54.01).
• Mackenzie Meyer was 21st in the 200 (31.41 seconds) and 23rd in the shot put with a personal-best throw of 7.52 meters.
• Amanda Carzoo was 25th in the shot put (5.42 meters).
• Anna Persick finished 28th in the 800 (3:19.03).
McDaniel returns to action at the Centennial Conference Championship hosted by Muhlenberg on Friday,