McDaniel competes in non-scoring Little Dip Invitational
What: Women's indoor track and field meet
When: Friday, Jan. 25
Where: Lancaster, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel recorded a trio of conference-qualifying marks at the non-scoring Little Dip Invitational hosted by Franklin & Marshall.
• Rachel Dixon (Crofton, Md./Arundel) recorded a collegiate-best time of 8.86 seconds to finish 15th in the 60, hitting the Centennial Conference (CC) qualifier.
• Sarah Case (Frederick, Md./Oakdale) notched a CC-qualifying time in the 60 for the first time this season, placing 19th with a time of 9.04 seconds.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Simi Adeoye hit the conference qualifier in the shot put, finishing 12th with a throw of 9.46 meters. She also posted the No. 3 mark in program history in the weight throw with a toss of 7.01 meters, finishing 26th.
• Samantha Merkel (Baltimore, Md./Winters Mill) posted a personal-best time of 6:02.04 in the mile, finishing 18th.
• Rachel Dixon and Sarah Case also posted personal-best times in the 200. Dixon finished 16th overall (30.64 seconds) while Case was 23rd overall (31.57).
THE INSIDE STORY
• Megan Mesick just missed the CC mark in the 800, finishing 13th (2:38.65).
• Mackenzie Meyer was eighth in the 500 (1:39.75) and 29th in the 200 (34.26 seconds).
• Rachel Dixon was 17th in the long jump (3.75m).
• Sarah Case was 18th in the long jump (3.80m) and 24th in the shot put (8.41m).
• Samantha Merkel was 20th in the 800 (2:41.78).
• Catina Mable was 32nd in the shot put (6.52m).
• Jill Shephard was 40th in the 800 (3:09.97).
McDaniel returns to action at the Eastern Shore Invite at Maryland-Eastern Shore on Saturday, Feb. 9.