McDaniel (4-6, 1-5 CC) 50, Bryn Mawr (2-7, 0-6 CC) 45
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's swimming meet
When: Saturday, Feb. 2
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won eight events, including the 200 free relay that captured a 50-45 victory over Bryn Mawr.
• Blair Boyle (Springfield, N.J./Villa Walsh Academy) was one of three triple-winners for the Green Terror, touching first individually in the 200 free (2:00.71) and 500 free (5:37.01). She also swam the third leg of the winning 200 free relay, pushing the lead out to more than six seconds.
• Sara Hegna (Brielle, N.J./Manasquan) added wins in the 50 free (25.61) and 100 free (57.12) and led off the winning relay, staking McDaniel to a lead in the event that it did not relinquish.
• Cambrie Cooke (Newport News, Va./Menchville) added individual wins in the 200 IM (2:16.68) and 100 butterfly (1:03.06) and anchored the relay to victory.
• Joanna Wattenberg (Monrovia, Md./Urbana) joined Hegna, Boyle and Cooke to post a time of 1:41.99 in the 200 free relay and win by 5.65 seconds. The quartet posted the No. 9 time in program history.
• Carly Deickman (Bishopville, Md./Stephen Decatur) won the 100 breaststroke (1:12.06) to pull the hosts within two points entering the relay.
FOR THE FOES
• Varuna Jasodanand won the lone individual event for the Owls, touching first in the 100 back (1:04.41).
• Jasodanand joined Lil Oyen-Ustad, Maya Schneider and Lauren Birmingham to open the meet with a win in the 200 medley relay (2:04.87).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Hannah Cehelsky (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln Sudbury Regional) finished second in the 1000 free (12:00.60) and 100 back (1:05.05). She was also third in the 100 free (1:00.30).
• Joanna Wattenberg added a third-place finish in the 50 free (27.43 seconds).
THE INSIDE STORY
• Cambrie Cooke's winning time in the 200 IM ranks ninth in program history.
• Hannah Cehelsky swam a personal-best time of 1:00.30 in the 100 free.
• Carly Deickman swam a personal-best time of 2:31.69 in the 200 IM.
• Anna Petenbrink swam a personal-best time of 1:19.63 in the 100 back.
McDaniel concludes the dual-meet season at Washington (Md.) on Saturday. Meet time is 1 p.m.