Dickinson (7-2, 2-1 CC) 57, McDaniel (2-5, 0-4 CC) 32
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's swimming meet
When: Wednesday, Jan. 23
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson won six events to help capture a 57-32 win over McDaniel.
• Sara Hegna (Brielle, N.J./Manasquan) notched a pair of individual wins, touching first in the 200 free (2:02.29) and 100 back (1:00.80). She also led off the 200 free relay that was victorious.
• Cambrie Cooke (Newport News, Va./Menchville) won the 200 IM (2:18.52). She was also part of the winning relay.
• Carly Deickman (Bishopville, Md./Stephen Decatur) was the winner the 100 breaststroke (1:12.66).
FOR THE FOES
• Katie Schmidt, Hannah Griffith, Molly Sternick and Samantha Boswell opened the meet with a win in the 200 medley relay (1:55.72).
• Olivia Lyman won the 1000 free (10:54.15) and 500 free (5:17.05).
• Sternick added individual wins in the 50 free (25.36) and 100 fly (1:00.49).
• Boswell added an individual victory in the 100 free (56.55).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Joanna Wattenberg (Monrovia, Md./Urbana) and Anna Petenbrink (Eldersburg, Md./Liberty) joined Hegna and Cooke on the winning 200 free relay (1:48.74).
• Cooke was second in the 100 fly (1:02.91).
• Wattenberg was third in the 50 free (27.15) and 100 free (59.17).
THE INSIDE STORY
• Cambrie Cooke's time of 2:18.52 in the 200 IM was a personal best.
• Dickinson swam the final two events as exhibition.
McDaniel returns to action at Franklin & Marshall on Friday. Meet time is 6 p.m.