McDaniel (2-4) 53, Salisbury (2-5) 33
What: Non-conference women's swimming meet
When: Sunday, Jan. 6
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won seven of the eight individual wins to capture a 53-33 win over Salisbury.
• Blair Boyle (Springfield, N.J./Villa Walsh Academy) won the 50 free (25.38), 200 butterfly (2:31.72) and 500 free (5:43.62).
• Sara Hegna (Brielle, N.J./Manasquan) added a pair of wins, touching first in the 200 free (2:05.40) and 200 backstroke (2:16.95).
• Cambrie Cooke (Newport News, Va./Menchville) won the 200 IM (2:22.14).
• Carly Deickman (Bishopville, Md./Stephen Decatur) won the 200 breaststroke (2:39.26).
FOR THE FOES
• Chase McClure notched the only individual win, touching first in the 100 free (58.27).
• Natalie Eakin, Autumn Allen, Angela Barznti and McClure combined to open the meet with a win in the 400 medley relay (4:32.28).
• Mary Green, Jordan Degruchy, Jordyn Rowe and Ryane Porter combined to cap the day with a victory in the 400 free relay (4:13.48).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Hannah Cehelsky (Sudbury, Mass./Lincoln Sudbury Regional) was second to Hegna in the 200 free (2:08.32), second to Boyle in the 500 free (5:49.37) and second to Deickman in the 200 breaststroke (2:47.20).
• Sara Hegna added a second-place showing in the 200 IM (2:26.05).
• Cambrie Cooke (Newport News, Va./Menchville) finished just a second behind Hegna in the 200 back (2:17.97).
• Joanna Wattenberg (Monrovia, Md./Urbana) was second in the 100 free (1:00.75).
THE INSIDE STORY
• After falling behind 7-0 in the meet after the opening relay, McDaniel tied the score in the first individual event (200 free) and then took a lead it did not relinquish in the 50 free that followed.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Dickinson on Sunday, Jan. 20. Meet time is 1 p.m.