McDaniel (17-6) 2, Springfield (14-7-3)
What: ECAC women's soccer semifinal
When: Sunday, Nov. 24
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel tallied twice in the five-minute span of the second half to top Springfield 2-0 in the ECAC final.
FOR THE FOES
• Caitlin Normoyle made six saves in goal for the Pride.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Off a goal kick that hung up in a stiff wind gust, Kristen Worry (Lancaster, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg) lofted a ball in from the right side that Hannah Schepers was able to head home to break up the double shutout at the 61:59 mark.
• In the 67th minute, Maddie Schwartz turned and fired from top of the box, sliding the ball into the lower-right corner directly off a Kiersten Crowley (Severna Park, Md./Severna Park) throw-in.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Each team took 14 shots in the game. Springfield held a 10-4 advantage in the first half but eight Green Terror saves, including seven from Katherine Carstensen (Pearl River, N.Y./Pearl River), kept the game scoreless. McDaniel turned the tables with a 10-4 advantage in the second half.
• Carstensen finished the game with nine saves while McDaniel also had two defenders clear shots off the line.
• The Green Terror won all four ECAC tournament games by shutout. It was the second straight year McDaniel won the title.
• Hannah Schepers, Maddie Schwartz, Katherine Carstensen, Kristen Worry and Megan Henderson (East Windsor, N.J./Notre Dame) earned spots on the all-tournament team. Worry was tabbed MVP.
• Worry broke the program record for assists in a single season.