McDaniel (15-6) 2, Pfeiffer (13-5) 0
What: ECAC women's soccer quarterfinal game
When: Sunday, Nov. 17
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored a goal in each half to top Pfeiffer 2-0 in the quarterfinals of the ECAC tournament.
• Maddie Schwartz (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) led the Green Terror with a goal and an assist.
FOR THE FOES
• Kaley Hyatt made eight saves to lead the Falcons.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Maddie Schwartz scored just 9:44 into the game to stake McDaniel to an early 1-0 lead.
• In the 83rd minute, Schwartz played a Kristen Worry (Lancaster, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg) corner kick to Megan Henderson (East Windsor, N.J./Notre Dame), who finished for an insurance goal.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finished with a 15-6 advantage in shots and 5-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• The Green Terror advances to the final weekend of the tournament for the second straight year and will also host the semifinals and finals next Saturday and Sunday. William Paterson advanced on penalty kicks while Muhlenberg and Springfield won one-goal games to move on to Westminster next weekend.
McDaniel takes on William Paterson in the first semifinal on Saturday. Game time is 11 a.m.