McDaniel (1-1) 5, Shenandoah (2-1) 2
What: Non-conference women's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Sept. 4
Where: Winchester, Va.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel opened up a 4-0 halftime lead and stretched the lead to 5-0 en route to a 5-2 victory over Shenandoah.
• Maddie Schwartz (Lancaster, Pa./Hempfield) scored three goals to lead the Green Terror.
FOR THE FOES
• Abby Alexa led the Hornets with a goal and an assist.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Jackie Fahrenholz (Scotch Plains, N.J./Scotch Plains-Fanwood) found Hannah Schepers (Port Deposit, Md./St. Mark's) on a corner kick for a 1-0 McDaniel lead in the 12th minute.
• Fahrenholz then found Maddie Schwartz to double the advantage just over 12 minutes later.
• Schwartz then finished off a feed from Schepers for a 3-0 lead in the 32nd minute.
• Allie Titus (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson) found the back of the net just 70 seconds before the break for a 4-0 advantage.
• Schwartz completed her hat trick with an unassisted goal in the 68th minute.
• Abby Alexa broke up the shutout off an Emma Librizzi feed in the 76th minute.
• Alexa then found Sara Sonnak 2:34 later for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• It was Maddie Schwartz's second career hat trick.
• It was Jackie Fahrenholz's first collegiate two-assist game.
• McDaniel had a 19-4 advantage in shots and 8-2 advantage in corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at home against York (Pa.) on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.