McDaniel (6-3) 22, Trine (3-1) 21
What: Non-Conference wrestling action
When: Monday, Dec. 17
Where: Lexington, Va. – Washington and Lee Duals
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel opened the match with a pair of pins, holding on to top Trine 22-21 in the second match of the Washington and Lee Duals.
• Nick Malinowski (Baltimore, Md./Boys' Latin School of Maryland) opened the match with a 4-minute, 21-second pin.
• Ryker Eckenbarger (Finksburg, Md./Westminster) added a fall in 2:38 at 133.
FOR THE FOES
• Nick Miller recorded a 1-minute, 29-second pin at 174 to lead the Thunder.
• Luke Carver added a 1-minute, 35-second fall at 184.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Falls from Nick Malinowski and Ryker Eckenbarger opened up a 12-0 lead for McDaniel.
• Caleb Maddox got Trine on the board with a 12-5 win at 141 before Brandon Minear edged out a 7-6 victory at 149 to cut the deficit in half.
• Wade Bishop (Greensboro, Md./North Caroline) and Garrett Vandervalk (Westminster, Md./Westminster) followed with offensive victories. Bishop won 17-12 at 157 before Vandervalk won 15-10 at 165 to push the lead to 18-6.
• The first-period pins from Nick Miller and Luke Carver knotted the match at 18-all.
• Jaime Rodriguez (Westminster, Md./Westminster) followed with a major decision, earning a takedown and riding time point for a 16-8 victory to ultimately provide the difference in the match.
• Austin Farrell closed out the match with an 8-5 win at heavyweight.
THE INSIDE STORY
125: Nick Malinowski pinned Clinton Wells 4:21; 133: Ryker Eckenbarger (M) pinned Dominic Pecoraro 2:38; 141: Caleb Maddox (T) dec. Isaiah Edmond 12-5; 149: Brandon Minear (T) dec. Skyler Minutelli 7-6; 157: Wade Bishop (M) dec. Nevan Freestone 17-12; 165: Garrett Vandervalk (M) dec. Owen Conklin 15-10; 174: Nick Miller (T) pinned Cole Nagle 1:29; 184: Luke Carver (T) pinned Ronnie Wuest 1:35; 197: Jaime Rodriguez maj. dec. Brent Booth 16-8; HWT: Austin Farrell (T) dec. Chris Hauffman 8-5.
McDaniel concludes action at the Washington and Lee Duals against Apprentice at approximately 3 p.m.