McDaniel (5-7, 1-4 CC) 14, Muhlenberg (7-5, 2-3 CC) 10
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Apr. 13
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored seven straight goals in the first half to take a 9-5 lead into the break and defeat Muhlenberg, 14-10.
FOR THE FOES
• Amanda Tullo led the Mules with three goals and an assist.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) opened the game, finding the back of the net just 16 seconds after the opening draw. Gabriella Crivelli started a three-goal Muhlenberg counter, however, responding just shy of six minutes later. Amanda Tullo and Victoria Friedel also found the back of the net to make it a 3-1 game with 14:18 to play in the opening half. Kealey Allison finished a pass from Annemarie Duerr (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) before Crivelli netted her second on a free-position shot a minute apart.
• With 10:59 showing, Allison finished a solo run, starting a run of three goals in 62 seconds. Duerr capped a solo run with 10:09 remaining before Farrell won the ensuing draw and went right to go for a 5-4 lead 12 seconds later. Allison completed her fourth straight hat trick 43 seconds later. An Abby Blankenship (Urbanna, Va./Christchurch) free-position goal and Allison-to-Tori Arcilesi connection 53 seconds apart made it an 8-4 game with 8:00 remaining. Arcilesi then found Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) with 5:58 to play before Tullo broke up the seven-goal run with a free-position goal at the 5:38 mark.
• Allison finished a pass from Arcilesi and Quattrone netted an unassisted marker 21 seconds apart for an 11-5 just over three minutes into the second half. Tullo scored with 21:45 remaining but Allison and Arcilesi went back-to-back to stretch the lead to 13-6. Hannah Wolfe and Allison traded goals a minute apart before Taliah Carson started a three-goal flurry from the Mules in the final 6:18 to set the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The six goals was a career high for Kealey Allison.
• Hannah Miller (Ellicott City, Md./Marriotts Ridge) made 10 saves in goal.
• Lindsey Farrell and Annemarie Duerr had seven draw controls each. Allison grabbed five to help the team to a 20-6 advantage in the circle.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Franklin & Marshall on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.