Ursinus (2-9, 1-3 CC) 15, McDaniel (4-7, 0-4 CC) 14
What: Centennial Conference (CC) women's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Apr. 6
Where: Collegeville, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Ursinus had the final say in a back-and-forth affair, defeating McDaniel with a goal at the final horn for a 15-14 win.
• Megan Kotelchuck (Crofton, Md./Elizabeth Seton) led the Green Terror with a goal and four assists.
• Kealey Allison (Frankford, Del./Indian River) added a team-high four goals
• Annemarie Duerr (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) chipped in three goals of her own.
FOR THE FOES
• Grace Langen led the Bears with four goals and two assists.
• Hannah Reape added four goals of her own while Emily DiGiorgio and Hanna Crowley had three goals each. DiGiorgio added two assists.
• Kaci McNeave had four assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Lara Jensen (West Chester, Pa./The Tatnall School) opened the scoring, finishing a solo run to stake McDaniel to a 1-0 lead just 55 seconds into the game. Hannah Reape responded with a pair of goals 1 minute, 28 seconds apart for a 2-1 edge with 25:16 showing. A Tori Arcilesi (Bel Air, Md./Harford Tech) goal and two Kealey Allison free-position tallies gave the Green Terror a 4-2 edge with 18:49 on the clock.
• Kaci McNeave found Hanna Crowley and Grace Langen two minutes apart to tie the game with 15:40 showing. Back-to-back Annemarie Duerr markers gave the visitors a 6-4 lead with 12:56 to play. Reape and Jill Verrelle each scored off Emily DiGiorgio assists around an Abby Blankenship (Urbanna, Va./Christchurch) goal from Megan Kotelchuck to make it a 7-6 game at halftime.
• After an Allison free-position goal put the Green Terror up two just 2:04 into the second half, Langen scored twice in a 46-second span to tie the game.
• After Kotelchuck hit Arcilesi with 21:34 to play but Crowley and DiGiorgio scored a minute apart for a 10-9 Bear lead. Allison retied the game on a free-position goal but Langen and DiGiorgio responded once again with two goals in a 70-second span for a 12-10 lead.
• After Blankenship and Reape traded goal, Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) finished a free-position attempt with 5:20 showing and Kotelchuck returned the favor from Arcilesi with 4:04 on the clock to tie the game at 13-all. DiGiorgio put Ursinus back in front with 3:08 to play but Kotelchuck hit Duerr, who finished with 1:31 remaining to tie the game. Off a restart with 14 seconds left at its own restraining line, Ursinus sent the ball down the field and Bridget Sherry quick-passed to Crowley on the doorstep of the goal and Crowley finished just as the final horn sound for the game-winner.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The Abby Blankenship goal with 2:17 to play in the first half, finishing a pass from Megan Kotelchuck gave Kotelchuck her 100th career point. She finished the day with 104 points.
• Olivia Maenner (Towson, Md./Notre Dame Prep) picked up six ground balls and added two caused turnovers.
• Lindsey Farrell pulled in nine draw controls to go with two caused turnovers.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Muhlenberg on Saturday. Game time is 3 p.m.