McDaniel (4-3) 12, Sewanee (8-5) 7
What: Non-conference women's lacrosse game
When: Monday, Mar. 18
Where: Sewanee, Tenn.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel jumped out to a 7-1 first-half lead en route to a 12-7 victory at Sewanee.
FOR THE FOES
• Catherine Crigler led the Tigers with three goals.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Tori Arcilesi scored twice in the game's first 3:42 to stake McDaniel to a 2-0 lead before Anna Comer cut the deficit in half with 19:38 to play in the first half. Free-position goals from Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) and Kealey Allison just 81 seconds apart pushed the lead to 5-1 with 16:34 remaining. Farrell added a second goal from Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) just over seven minutes later before Blankenship finished a Farrell pass with 6:32 to play. Allison capped a five-goal flurry with a solo run before Kelly Thomson cut the deficit to 7-2 at the break.
• Sarah Strang scored just 2:14 into the second, starting a three-goal run in just 7 minutes, 9 seconds that cut the margin to 7-4. Two Allison goals reestablished a five-goal margin before Catherine Crigle scored her second of the half on a free-position attempt with 14:39 showing. Allison capped her five-goal outing and Arcilesi completed her hat trick off the second of Megan Kotelchuck's (Crofton, Md./Elizabeth Seton) just 1:37 apart for an 11-6 lead with 10:25 to play. Crigler and Kotelchuck traded markers in the final 6:41 for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel will enter conference play on a four-game winning streak after dropping its first three games of the year.
• The five goals establishes a career high for Kealey Allison.
• With her assist with 6:32 to play in the first half, Lindsey Farrell reached 100 points for her career.
• The Green Terror finished with a 34-18 advantage in shots.
• Allison added six draw controls and three caused turnovers to her five goals.
McDaniel returns to action at Haverford on Saturday. Game time is 12 p.m..