McDaniel (3-3) 16, Susquehanna (1-4) 2
What: Non-conference women's lacrosse game
When: Wednesday, Mar. 12
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel raced out to a 7-0 lead and led by double digits for the last 32 minutes in a 16-2 win over Susquehanna.
• Megan Kotelchuck (Crofton, Md./Elizabeth Seton) led the Green Terror with nine assists to go with one goal for 10 points.
• Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) added three goals and eight draw controls.
• Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) added a goal, four ground galls and two caused turnovers.
FOR THE FOES
• Gabi Toohey and Steph Dowling each had one goal for the River Hawks.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Megan Kotelchuck found a cutting Tori Arcilesi (Bel Air, Md./Harford Tech) just 52 seconds into the game, establishing a theme in the game's first minute. Just 4:24 later, Kotelchuck hit Alyssa Swartz (Dillsburg, Pa./Northern) for a 2-0 lead. Lindsey Farrell won the ensuing draw control and went straight to the cage for a 3-0 lead 12 seconds later. Kotelchuck then found Kealey Allison (Frankfort, Del./Indian River) and Olivia Maenner (Towson, Md./Notre Dame Prep) just over three minutes apart for a 6-0 lead with 16:38 showing.
• A Megan Quattrone unassisted goal stretched the lead to 6-0 before Kotelchuck hit Annemarie Duerr (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) for a seven-goal advantage with 10:13 on the clock. Gabi Toohey broke up the shutout, firing home a low liner from the top of the 12-meter arc late in the possession clock with 8:40 remaining. Kotelchuck then found Arcilesi and Allison a minute apart for a 9-1 lead. Farrell added another unassisted goal and Kotelchuck finished a Mia Wilson (West Deptford, N.J./West Deptford) pass with 2:01 remaining in the first half for an 11-1 lead.
• Unassisted goals from Farrell and Duerr in the first 5:41 of the second half made it a 13-1 game before Kotelchuck hit Abby Blankenship (Urbanna, Va./Christchurch) on consecutive possessions for a 15-1 lead with 14:28 to play. Steph Dowling and Lara Jensen (West Chester, Pa./The Tatnall School) traded goals in the final 4:36 for the final score.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The nine assists by Megan Kotelchuck was the second most in program history. Sandi Stevens had 11 on Apr. 19, 1989.
• It was the third straight victory by double figures for McDaniel.
• With her three goals, Lindsey Farrell is now three points from 100 for her career.
McDaniel returns to action at Sewanee on Monday. Game time is 1 p.m. CDT.