Albright (2-2) 12, McDaniel (0-3) 11
What: Non-conference women's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Mar. 2
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Albright scored the last five goals of the game to rally for a 12-11 win over McDaniel.
• Abby Blankenship (Urbanna, Va./Christchurch) led the Green Terror with a goal and three assists.
• Annemarie Duerr (Pasadena, Md./Chesapeake) added two goals and five draw controls.
• Lindsey Farrell (Towson, Md./Loch Raven) chipped in a pair of goals and five draws.
• Alyssa Swartz (Dillsburg, Pa./Northern) rounded out the trio of two-goal scorers.
FOR THE FOES
• Kelly Baumann led the Lions with four goals and two assists. She also had five draw controls.
• Sophie Bass added three goals and an assist.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Lindsey Farrell and Kelly Baumann traded goals in the first 2:13 before Lara Jensen (West Chester, Pa./The Tatnall School) put McDaniel in front at the 26:27 mark before Annemarie Duerr scored 21 seconds later off the first of Abby Blankenship's three assists. Maddie Taylor and Kealey Allison (Frankford, Del./Indian River) scored 41 seconds apart to keep it a two-goal game before four straight Albright goals by four different players in a 3-minute, 35-second stretch put the visitors in front 6-4 with 19:04 on the clock.
• Alyssa Swartz and Sophie Bass traded markers before Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) started a 5-0 run to the break with a free-position goal at the 13:41 mark. Megan Kotelchuck (Crofton, Md./Elizabeth Seton) found Swartz and Duerr approximately five minutes apart for an 8-7 edge before Blankenship and Tori Arcilesi (Bel Air, Md./Harford Tech) closed out the run.
• Blankenship found Farrell just 4:19 into the second half for an 11-7 lead. Sophie Bass, however, answered nearly two minutes later to start the game-closing run. Ashleigh Tortorice scored a minute after that and Baumann tallied twice in a 2-minute, 54-second span to tie the game. Baumann then found Tortorice for the game-winner with 3:26 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finished the game with a 30-20 advantage in shots, including 21-11 in the first half.
McDaniel returns to action at Misericordia on Wednesday. Game time is 5 p.m.