Rutgers-Camden (5-4) 4, McDaniel (8-5) 1
What: Non-conference softball game
When: Friday, Mar. 22
Where: Clermont, Fla.
THE SKINNY STORY
Rutgers-Camden scored three times in the bottom of the sixth inning to break a 1-all deadlock and rally to defeat McDaniel, 4-1.
• Madison Froemel (Suffolk, Va./Kings Fork) led the Green Terror with a fourth-inning RBI single.
FOR THE FOES
• Marissa Beebe had two hits, including a fifth-inning home run, to go with an RBI and two runs scored.
• Alexis Schauer also had two hits.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Megan Coyle (Las Vegas, Nev./Bishop Gorman) dropped a single into center field with two outs in the fourth inning. After a fielding error, pich-runner Julia Dimmick (Silver Spring, Md./Bethesda-Chevy Chase) scored on a Madison Froemel single off the first-base bag for a 1-0 lead.
• Marissa Beebe broke up a perfect game with a line-drive home run to left-center field to lead off the bottom of the fifth and tie the game.
• In the home sixth, Kimmy Musarra was hit by a pitch to lead off the frame before a one-out bunt single put runners at first and second. After a Beebe single up the middle loaded the bases, Sarah Byrnes put a ball just in front of the plate that Musarra beat to the plate to break the tie. A wild pitch and two-out Alexis Schauer single set the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Krista Waller (Virginia Beach, Va./Kellam) went 5 1/3 innings in the circle with four strikeouts.
McDaniel concludes the day and its trip to The Spring Games against Macalester at 2 p.m.