McDaniel placed first in both races
What: Towson Invitational in men's cross country action
When: Friday, Sept. 6
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel finished first in both races at its own Green Terror Challenge.
• Jacob Molina (Odenton, Md./Arundel) led the Green Terror with individual wins in both races. He posted a time of 9:55.62 in the 3,000-meter race and 17:05.05 in the 5,000-meter race. He won the 3K race by nearly 40 seconds and the 5K by 18 seconds.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Wyatt Farace (Owings Mills, Md./McDonogh) also ran both races, placing second in the 3K (10:35.45) and sixth in the 5K (17:46.63).
• Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) toed the line for both races, finishing third in the 3K (10:39.53) and ninth in the 5K (18:16.09).
• Steve Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) competed in both races. He was seventh in the 3K (11:08.36) and 15th in the 5K (20:02.62).
• Evan Lowengrub (Washington, D.C./Woodrow Wilson) took part in both events, crossing 17th in the 3K (12:12.93) and 18th in the 5K (20:54.74).
• Darien London (Essex, Md./Kenwood) rounded out the group in both races, placing 20th in the 3K (13:03.04) and 24th in the 5K (25:38.80).
• Collin Shriner (Frederick, Md./Oakdale) was fourth in the 5,000-meter race with a time of 17:27.47.
• Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast) finished sixth in the 3,000-meter race with a time of 11:08.36.
• Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) and Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) rounded out the Green Terror runners who finished in the top 12 in either event. The duo was 10th (11:21.39) and 12th (11:39.18), respectively, in the 3K.
• Michael Corinaldi (16th, 12:02.79), Caleb White (18th, 12:32.03), Zachary Stango (12:47.94), Ricardo Loyola (21st, 13:24.75) and Jamie Mintz (22nd, 14:25.08) also competed in the 3,000-meter race.
THE INSIDE STORY
• A total of 23 runners competed at the 3,000-meter distance and 28 at the 5,000-meter distance.
• Jacob Molina's 3K time is second on the Green Terror's all-time list at the home course while his 5K time ranks third.
• Collin Shriner's 5K time ranks eighth while Wyatt Farace's time is 16th on the program's all-time list.
McDaniel returns to action at the Hood 5K on Friday. Action begins at 5 p.m.