McDaniel finishes sixth of 13 teams
What: Hood College Open in men's cross country action
When: Saturday, Oct. 13
Where: Frederick, Md. – Utica Park
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel finished sixth at the Hood College Open, totaling 164 points in the 8,000-meter race.
FOR THE FOES
• Conner Masteran won the race for Salisbury with a time of 25:55.6, leading the Sea Gulls to the title with 36 points.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) finished 49th with a time of 30:11.3.
• Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) was 61st overall with a time of 30:45.9.
• Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) rounded out the top five with a time of 30:58.1, crossing 63rd.
• Miky Kisi (76th, 31:36.8), Ricardo Loyola (87th, 33;14.6), Caleb White (94th, 34:27.1), Micahel Corinaldi (98th, 35:07.0), Matt Matloff (104th, 36:57.7) and Jamie Mintz (108th, 42:13.2) also competed for McDaniel.
THE INSIDE STORY
• A total of 113 runners competed at the 8,000-meter distance.
• It was Gavin Gibson's first second-place finish after four race wins in September.
• Gibson turned in the No. 2 all-time Green Terror time at Utica Park.
• Shaun Thompson's time ranks ninth all-time on the course for McDaniel.
• Michael Gallagher ranks 13th all-time on the course.
McDaniel returns to action at the Centennial Conference Championship hosted by Haverford on Saturday, Oct. 27. Race time is 11 a.m.