PHILADELPHIA and ELIZABETHTOWN, Pa. – Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill) threw a mark of 15.01 meters to lead McDaniel at the 123rd annual Penn Relays in men's outdoor track and field action on Friday.
- There was no team scoring at Penn Relays.
- Other members of the Green Terror competed at the Blue Jay Tune-Up hosted by Elizabethtown on Saturday, placing eighth as a team. Elizabethtown won its own 11-team invite with 225 points.
Teamwork: The following relays competed at Penn Relays:
- The 4x400 relay of Alex Panagakos (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll), Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley), Michael Corinaldi and Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast) combined to finish 10th in the annual Pop Haddleton section featuring the top teams from the MAC and Centennial. The quartet posted a time of 3:28.26.
On Historic Franklin Field: The following competed in field events at Penn Relays:
- Billy Emerson threw a personal-best mark of 15.01 meters in the shot put to place 34th in the College section, featuring throwers from Division I, II and III. He threw the second-best Division III mark in the field. His toss is third all-time in program history but the best mark by an American in Green Terror history.
Making a Point: The following athletes earned points at Elizabethtown:
- Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg): 3000 steeplechase, finishing third with a time of 10:37.59.
- Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College): pole vault, finishing third with a mark of 3.20 meters.
- Taylor Wagner (Dunkirk, Md./Northern): shot put, finishing third with a mark of 12.78 meters; discus, finishing third with a mark of 41.86 meters.
- JR Yankowski (Sykesville, Md./Century): discus, finishing fifth with a mark of 39.73 meters.
- Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley): 5000, finishing sixth with a time of 18:16.26.
- Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster): 5000, finishing eighth with a time of 18:54.87.
Standard Bearer: The following athletes hit Centennial Conference-qualifying marks at Elizabethtown:
- Jamie Mintz (Baltimore, Md./Benjamin Franklin): 200, finishing 17th with a time of 24.08 seconds.
- Miky Kisi: 800, finishing ninth with a time of 2:04.67.
- Shaun Thompson: 3000 steeplechase, finishing third with a time of 10:37.59.
- Taylor Wagner: shot put, finishing third with a mark of 12.78 meters; discus, finishing third with a mark of 41.86 meters.
- Logan Kelly (Perryville, Md./Perryville): shot put, finishing 10th with a mark of 11.17 meters.
- JR Yankowski: discus, finishing fifth with a mark of 39.73 meters.
A New Standard: The following athletes hit ECAC-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Billy Emerson: shot put, 15.01 meters
- Taylor Wagner: discus, 41.86 meters
- JR Yankowski: discus, 39.734 meters
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Manny Rodriguez: long jump, 12th, 5.15 meters; triple jump, 9th, 10.63 meters
- Nick Villareal: shot put, 19th, 9.60 meters; discus, 15th, 30.70 meters
- Logan Kelly: discus, 28.71 meters
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at the Centennial Conference Championship on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.