GETTYSBURG, Pa. – Alex Panagakos (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) anchored the 4x400 relay to victory, leading McDaniel at the Mason-Dixon Invitational hosted by Gettysburg in men's outdoor track and field action on Saturday.
- The Green Terror finished fifth with 76 points. Penn State-Harrisburg won the 15-team invitational with 118 points.
Head of the Class: The following athletes won an event at the meet:
- The 4x400 relay of Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford), Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley), Michael Corinaldi and Alex Panagakos won the 4x400-meter relay with a time of 3:25.85.
- Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill) won the shot put with a toss of 14.81 meters.
Standard Bearer: The following athletes hit Centennial Conference-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Jamie Mintz (Baltimore, Md./Benjamin Franklin): 100, finishing ninth with a time of 11.69 seconds; 200, finishing 17th with a time of 24.07 seconds.
- Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College): 100, finishing 17th with a time of 11.85 seconds.
- Nathaniel Alston (Catonsville, Md./Benjamin Franklin): 100, finishing 20th with a time of 12.06 seconds.
- Alex West (Ashburn, Va./Broad Run): 100, finishing 24th with a time of 12.36 seconds; shot put, finishing 13th with a mark of 11.24 meters.
- Gavin Gibson: 800, finishing second with a time of 1:57.96.
- Alex Panagakos: 800, finishing fourth with a time of 2:00.21.
- Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northwest); 800, finishing ninth with a time of 2:01.92
- Miky Kisi: 400 hurdles, finishing seventh with a time of 1:00.88.
- Aaron Ferguson (Greenbelt, Md./Wheaton): long jump, finishing 11th with a mark of 5.95 meters.
- Patrick Smith (Frederick, Md./Gov. Thomas Johnson): long jump, finishing 12th with a mark of 5.90 meters.
- Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mills): shot put, finishing first with a mark of 14.81 meters; discus, finishing third with a mark of 43.04 meters.
- Taylor Wagner (Dunkirk, Md./Northern): shot put, finishing fourth with a mark of 13.30 meters; discus, finishing sixth with a mark of 41.78 meters; hammer, finishing 10th with a mark of 34.95 meters.
- Ian Armstrong (Tallyville, Del./Brandywine): shot put, finishing eighth with a mark of 12.15 meters; discus, finishing fourth with a mark of 43.04 meters.
- JR Yankowski (Sykesville, Md./Century): discus, finishing 12th with a mark of 37.99 meters; javelin, finishing fifth with a mark of 45.52 meters
- Alex Mejias (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll): javelin, finishing 10th with a mark of 39.90 meters.
- Nick Anania (Ellicott City, Md./Marriotts Ridge): javelin, finishing 13th with a mark of 38.38 meters.
A New Standard: The following athletes hit ECAC-qualifying marks at the meet:
- Gavin Gibson: 800, 1:57.96
- Billy Emerson: shot put, 14.81 meters; discus, 46.05 meters.
- Taylor Wagner: shot put, 13.30 meters; discus, 41.78 meters
- Ian Armstrong: discus, 43.04 meters
- JR Yankowks: discus, 37.99 meters
Top 10 Worthy: The following athletes achieved a mark that ranks in the program's all-time top 10:
- Billy Emerson now ranks fourth in the shot put (14.81 meters) and discus (46.05 meters).
Teamwork: The following relays competed at the meet:
- The 4x100 relay of Jamie Mintz, Michael Corinaldi, Aaron Ferguson and Miky Kisi finished fifth with a time of 45.38 seconds.
- The 4x400 B-relay of Caleb White, Kai Samuels, Nathaniel Alston and Alex Mejias finished fourth with a time of 3:32.62.
The Best of the Rest: The following also competed at the event:
- Michael Corinaldi: 200, 24th, 24.66 seconds
- Ricardo Loyola: mile, 15th, 5:29.62
- Stephen Porembski: 10000, 9th, 38:32.64
- Cyrus Daroowalla: 10000, 11th, 40:00.98
- Caleb White: 110 hurdles, 11th, 19.81 seconds; pole vault, 10th, 3.00 meters
- Alex West: pole vault, 11th, 2.85 meters; long jump, 24th, 5.14 meters; discus, 18th, 32.77 meters; javelin, 16th, 34.92 meters
- Logan Kelly: shot put, 15th, 11.01 meters; discus, 21st, 30.76 meters; javelin, 17th, 33.68 meters
- Alex Mejias: shot put, 24th, 9.72 meters
- Brenndan Jacko: shot put, 25th, 9.67 meters; discus, 29th, 25.18 meters; javelin, 24th, 28.77 meters.
- Tory Cook: shot put, 27th, 9.43 meters
- Patrick Smith: javelin, 15th, 35.92 meters
Next Up: The Green Terror returns to action at its own Twilight Meet on Monday. Meet time is 4 p.m.