McDaniel competes at Navy Select
What: Men's indoor track and field meet
When: Friday, Feb. 8
Where: Annapolis, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel posted four all-time top-10 marks, including resetting a program record, at the Navy Select.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) finished fifth overall in the 800, bettering his program record with a time of 1:57.08. The ECAC-qualified mark shaved nearly a full second off his previous season best.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) finished eighth in the 400 with a personal-best time of 52.13, which ranks fourth in program history.
• Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) bettered his ECAC-qualifying time in the 500, finishing seventh with a time of 1:08.63. The time ranks fourth all-time.
• Kai Samuels (Pasadena, Md./Northeast) crossed eighth in the 500 with an ECAC-qualifying time of 1:09.17.
• The 4x400-meter relay of Caleb White (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley), Kisi, Samuels and Gibson finished second with a combined time of 3:29.51. The mark ranks fourth in program history.
• Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill) finished 10th in the shot put with a throw of 15.38 meters.
McDaniel returns to action at the Larry Sharpe Invitational at Hagerstown CC on Sunday. Action begins at 10 a.m.