McDaniel competes in non-scoring Little Dip Invitational
What: Men's indoor track and field meet
When: Friday, Jan. 25
Where: Lancaster, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won three events at the non-scoring Little Dip Invitational hosted by Franklin & Marshall.
• Gavin Gibson (Newark, Del./Sanford) won the 800 with a Centennial Conference (CC) and ECAC-qualifying time of 1:58.05.
• Billy Emerson (Germantown, Md./Watkins Mill) won the shot put by more than five feet, throwing a CC- and ECAC-qualifying distance of 15.87 meters. It was a personal-best throw that now ranks seventh in all of Division III.
• Michael Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) won the 500 with a personal-best time of 1:08.96. It hit the ECAC-qualifying standard and ranks fifth all-time in program history.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) was second to his teammate in the 500, also hitting the ECAC mark and turning in a personal-best time. His mark of 1:09.05 is now sixth all-time.
• Nevin Stambaugh (Taneytown, Md./Francis Scott Key) finished second in the 60 hurdles with a CC-qualifying time of 9.38 seconds. He also posted a personal-best mark in the long jump with a CC-qualifying leap of 6.06 meters to finish sixth. He was also 14th in the 60 with a CC-qualifying time of 7.57 seconds.
• Caleb White (Glen Burnie, Md./Baltimore City College) was third in the 60 hurdles, crossing in a CC-qualifying time of 9.39 seconds. He was also fourth in the 60 with a CC-qualifying time of 7.36 seconds.
• Cyrus Daroowalla (Westminster, Md./Westminster) posted a personal-best time of 10:41.00 in the 3000, finishing 20th.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Zachary Stango finished seventh in the 500 (1:13.53).
• Shaun Thompson finished 13th in the mile (4:54.22).
• James Moye was 13th in the shot put (15.87m).
• Alex West placed 17th in the shot put (11.12m), 21st in the long jump (5.04m) and 28th in the 60 (7.94).
• Steve Porembski finished 19th in the mile (5:04.83).
• Caleb White finished 39th in the 800 (2:27.91) and 32nd in the shot put (8.25m).
• The 4x400-meter relays placed third and 10th. Michael Gallagher, Miky Kisi, Zachary Stango and Gavin Gibson posted a time of 3:35.64 while Nevin Stambaugh, Shaun Thompson, Alex West and Steve Porembski combined for a time of 3:54.39.
McDaniel returns to action at the Navy Invitational on Friday, Feb. 8.