McDaniel competes in non-scoring Coach I Open
What: Men's indoor track and field meet
When: Saturday, Jan. 12
Where: Lancaster, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel had four athletes hit conference qualifiers in a partial-squad trip to the non-scoring Coach I Open hosted by Franklin & Marshall.
• Nevin Stambaugh (Taneytown, Md./Francis Scott Key) led the way with a fourth-place finish in the 60 hurdles, hitting the Centennial Conference (CC)-qualifying time with his mark of 9.24 seconds. He ran a time of 9.28 in the prelims to qualify fourth for the finals.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Micahel Gallagher (Elko, Nev./Elko) finished 11th in the 200 with a conference-qualifying time of 24.71 seconds.
• Miky Kisi (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) was 10th in the 400 with a CC-qualifying time of 53.87 seconds.
• Zachary Stango (Burtonsville, Md./Paint Branch) also hit the conference-qualifying mark in the 400, finishing 14th with a time of 55.64 seconds.
• Shaun Thompson (Mt. Airy, Md./Glenelg) placed seventh in the 1000 (2:51.30).
• Stephen Porembski (Baltimore, Md./Archbishop Curley) was eighth in the 1000 with a personal-best time of 2:54.71.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Sam Welcher was 24th in the 200 (26.33).
• Cyrus Daroowalla was 23rd in the mile (5:36.84).
• Alex West was ninth in the 60 hurdles (11.29).
• Nick Villareal was 10th in the shot put (10.45) and 10th in the weight throw (6.15).
McDaniel returns to action at the Wilkins Center Invitational at Shenandoah on Sunday. Meet time is 2 p.m.