McDaniel (2-3) 72, Hood (2-5) 36
What: Non-Conference men's swimming meet
When: Saturday, Dec. 7
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel won 11 of the 13 events to top Hood, 72-36.
• Jose Pac (Quetzaltenango, Guatemala/International American School) led the Green Terror with four victories on the day that included a pair of records. Individually, he touched first in both the 100 free (47.29 seconds) and 50 free (21.15). He was also part of both winning relays.
• Thomas Fagiolo (Takoma Park, Md./Sandy Springs Friends School) touched first in the 100 back (55.53 seconds), 50 back (26.27) and 100 IM (58.92).
• Grayson Blanchard (Germantown, Md./Seneca Valley) added individual victories in the 100 fly (53.70 seconds) and 50 fly (23.99).
• Zach Kiick (Gettysburg, Pa./Gettysburg Area) was victorious in the 100 breaststroke (1:05.01) and 50 breaststroke (29.02).
• Fagiolo, Kiick, Pac and Mitchell Clokey (Arnold, Md./Severna Park) teamed to win the 200 medley relay (1:47.06).
• Blanchard, Pac, Kiick and Clokey won the 200 free relay (1:29.29).
FOR THE FOES
• Brooks Anderson won the 500 free for the Blazers with a time of 5:46.88.
• Patrick Krol added a win in the 200 IM (2:13.00).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Jack Alperstein was second in the 100 back (1:00.65) and 200 IM (2:18.71). He was also third in the 100 IM (1:01.38).
• Mitchell Clockey placed second in the 100 free (51.46) and 50 free (22.91).
THE INSIDE STORY
• Pac's record-setting performances came in both individual freestyle races. He broke the pool record in the 100 free by 0.04 seconds with his personal-best time of 47.29 before later establishing a new program record in the 50 free by 0.16 seconds.
• Fagiolo's time in the 100 backstroke ranks fourth in program history.
• Kiick posted a personal-best time in the 100 breaststroke.
• Clokey also had a personal-best time in the 50 free.
• The 200 free relay time ranks ninth in program history.
McDaniel returns to action at Salisbury on Sunday, Jan. 5. Meet time is 1 p.m.