Dickinson (6-2, 1-1 CC) 59, McDaniel (1-6, 0-4 CC) 35
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's swimming meet
When: Wednesday, Jan. 23
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson won the first seven events of the night to key a 59-35 win over McDaniel.
• Paul Van Nevel (Boyds, Md./Poolesville) recorded a pair of victories. He touched first in the 100 backstroke with a time of 54.01. He was also the winner of the 100 breaststroke (1:03.06).
FOR THE FOES
• Liam Pauli, Cameron McConagha, John Crafa and Bjorn Prandtner teamed to open the meet with a win in the 200 medley relay (1:44.89).
• Ben Shapiro touched first in the 50 free (21.92) and 100 free (48.37).
• Tyler Catania won the 1000 freestyle (10:27.36).
• Damon St. Prix won the 200 free (1:48.84).
• Kiernan Jordan won the 100 fly (52.99).
• Logan Curt won the 500 free (5:00.73).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Grayson Blanchard (Germantown, Md./Seneca Valley) was second in the 50 free (22.56) and 100 free (49.69).
• Jose Pac (Quetzaltenango, Guatemala/International American School) placed second in the 200 IM (2:00.77) and 500 free (5:06.30).
• Michael Brant (Wilmington, Del./Cab Calloway School of the Arts) finished third in the 1000 free with a personal-best time of 10:54.96. He was also third in the 100 fly (58.42).
• Van Nevel was also third in the 200 free with a personal-best time of 1:49.30.
• Mitchell Clokey (Arnold, Md./Severna Park) was second in the 100 breaststroke with a personal-best time of 1:11.22.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Paul Van Nevel's time of 1:03.06 in the 100 breaststroke ranks 10th in program history.
• Mitchell Clokey posted a personal-best time of 2:00.64 in the 200 free.
• Sam Simacek (Flower Mound, Texas/Marcus) had a personal-best time of 2:17.23 in the 200 IM.
• In total, six Green Terror swimmers posted personal-best times.
• Dickinson swam the final two events as exhibition.
• The difference from first to third in the 200 free was 0.46 seconds.
McDaniel returns to action at Franklin & Marshall on Friday. Meet time is 6 p.m.