New Jersey City (11-9-1) 3, McDaniel (11-6-1) 3 (2OT)
What: ECAC men's soccer first-round game
When: Saturday, Nov. 16
Where: Chester, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel and New Jersey City battled to a 3-all draw but the Gothic Knights advanced to the ECAC tournament quarterfinals with a 3-2 triumph in penalty kicks.
• Randy Hilleary (Bonney Lake, Wash./Skyline) led the Green Terror with two assists.
FOR THE FOES
• Ron Jones scored two goals for the Gothic Knights.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Jacob Wells (Hanover, Pa./South Western) converted a PK just 35 seconds into the game for a 1-0 lead.
• Ron Jones responded in the 21st minute with an unassisted tally.
• Randy Hilleary found Cam Gebhart (Red Lion, Pa./Red Lion Area) in the 29th minute to put the Green Terror back in front 2-1 at the break.
• Oscar Perez and Nick Bowman (York, Pa./York Suburban) traded goals just shy of 10 minutes apart before Jones tied the game in the 80th minute.
• Neither team scored over the final 30 minutes to have the game officially end in a draw.
• The teams combined to miss the first two rounds of penalty kicks before Nick Starr (York, Pa./Central York) got McDaniel on the board first.
• Nelson Segovia converted to tie the shootout at 1-all before McDaniel missed.
• Perez and Gebhart each converted to make it 2-all before Jones sealed the advancement.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finished with an 18-16 edge in shots and 7-5 edge in corner kicks.
• Aaron Bilbie (Shrewsbury, Pa./Susquehannock) made eight saves in goal.