No. 3 Johns Hopkins (13-2-1, 5-2-1 CC) 1, McDaniel (11-5, 3-5 CC) 0 (2OT)
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Oct. 30
Where: Baltimore, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins, ranked third in the latest United Soccer Coaches poll, finished with a 23-9 advantage in shots but could not find the back of the net until the 104th minute for a 1-0 win over McDaniel.
• Aaron Bilbie (Shrewsbury, Pa./Susquehannock) led the Green Terror with seven saves.
FOR THE FOES
• Pablo Martinez scored the lone goal for the Blue Jays.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Pablo Martinez fired a shot from 20 yards out on the right wing that got inside the far post 3:09 into the second overtime.
• McDaniel had the best opportunity of the first overtime when Wells fired a shot off the side of the net in the 94th minute.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The Green Terror forced overtime with the Blue Jays for the first time since 2010 – also a 1-0 Blue Jays win.
• Johns Hopkins also had a 10-3 advantage in corner kicks.
McDaniel concludes the regular season at No. 4 Franklin & Marshall on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.