No. 17 Johns Hopkins (11-3-1, 5-2 CC) 2, McDaniel (6-6-2, 1-5-1 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Oct. 17
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Johns Hopkins scored twice in fewer than two minutes in the first half before McDaniel scored in the 83rd minute for a 2-1 final score.
• Jacob Wells (Hanover, Pa./South Western) scored the lone goal for the Green Terror.
FOR THE FOES
• Pablo Martinez recorded a goal and an assist for the Blue Jays.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Pablo Martinez headed in a Tim Treinen cross to the backside post for a 1-0 lead in the 18th minute.
• Just 1:18 later, Martinez's shot was saved and it rebounded right to Alejandro Maclean, who finished to double the advantage.
• Nick Starr (York, Pa./Central York) played a ball through to Jacob Wells, who finished to cut the deficit to 2-1 with 7:49 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel finsihed with a 13-11 edge in shots, including 10-4 when playing with the wind in the second half.
• The Green Terror had a 4-2 advantage in corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at Muhlenberg on Saturday. Game time is 7 p.m.