McDaniel (5-3-2) 4, Juniata (4-6) 1
What: Non-Conference men's soccer game
When: Tuesday, Oct. 2
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel scored a goal in the 11th minute and never trailed in a 4-1 win over Juniata. The Green Terror tacked on two more in the final 6:38 after the Eagles cut the deficit to 2-1.
• Khaled Abuhantash (Mililani, Hawaii/North Harford [Md.]) was one of three different goal scorers.
• Nick Starr (York, Pa./Central York) staked the Green Terror to the first-half lead.
• Greysen Brockbank (Newville, Pa./Big Spring) capped the scoring on the day.
FOR THE FOES
• Wyatt Page broke up the shutout in the 80th minute for the Eagles.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Brooks Benassi (Towson, Md./Towson) played a ball through the midfield to Nick Starr, who finished from distance for a 1-0 lead just 10:44 into the game.
• An own goal in the 64th minute stretched the lead to 2-0.
• Wyatt Page finished from the top of the box into the lower-left corner to cut the deficit to 2-1 with just over 10 minutes to play.
• On a ball that made its way through the box from the endline on the right side, Khaled Abuhantash collected and volleyed the ball into the top-left to restore the two-goal lead.
• Drake Pew (York, Pa./Dallastown Area) knocked a give-and-go right back to Greysen Brockbank, who was able to fire from the top of the box past the keeper for the final margin in the 89th minute.
THE INSIDE STORY
• It was Brooks Benassi's first collegiate point.
• Benassi became the 15th different Green Terror player to register a point this season.
• McDaniel finished with a 17-6 advantage in shots and 5-1 advantage in corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Haverford on Saturday. Game time is 4 p.m.