Gettysburg (5-2-1, 3-0 CC) 3, McDaniel (4-3-1, 1-2 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's soccer game
When: Wednesday, Sept. 26
Where: Gettysburg, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Gettysburg scored twice in the game's first 15:11 to take a 2-0 lead en route to a 3-1 victory over McDaniel.
• Randy Hilleary (Bonney Lake, Wash./Skyline) scored for the Green Terror, converting a penalty kick in the 50th minute.
FOR THE FOES
• Oladayo Thomas netted his fourth goal of the year to open the scoring for the Bullets.
• Three different players scored a goal for the hosts.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Oladayo Thomas finished a breakaway for a 1-0 lead in the ninth minute.
• Precious Ozoh converted a free kick from just outside the box in the 16th minute.
• Randy Hilleary's penalty kick made it 2-1 just 4:34 into the second half.
• Jack Carroll, however, headed home a Bobby Weikert pass just over five minutes later for the final margin.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Aaron Bilbie (Shrewsbury, Pa./Susquehannock) made four saves.
• Randy Hilleary scored a goal in his second straight game. It was his third goal of the year.
• Gettysburg is ranked eighth in the United Soccer Coaches Mid-Atlantic Regional poll.
• The Bullets finished with a 17-5 advantage in shots and 5-1 edge in corner kicks.
McDaniel returns to action at Washington on Saturday. Game time is 7 p.m.