No. 9 Gettysburg (12-3, 6-1 CC) 17, McDaniel (2-14, 0-8 CC) 5
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's lacrosse game
When: Wednesday, Apr. 24
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Gettysburg, ranked ninth in the latest USILA Div. III coaches poll, scored the game's first six goals in a 17-5 win over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Brian Kolen led the Bullets with five goals and four assists.
• Jack Fletcher added two goals and six assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Micahel McCormick opened the scoring exactly one minute into the game before Brian Kolen found the back of the net 34 seconds later then ripped off assists on four straight goals, including the first two to Jack Fletcher. McCormick capped the 6-0 first quarter with 52 seconds left.
• Micah Brooks converted a pass from behind from Carson Marshall in a man-up situation for a goal 31 seconds into the second quarter. McCormick pushed the lead back to six with 903 showing but Jared Payne (Moorestown, N.J./Moorestown) responded just 42 seconds later with an unassisted tally. Gettysburg, however, relled off four goals in the final 6:31 of the period. Kolen scored the final three of the run, including off a Fletcher pass with 1.7 seconds left in the half.
• Fletcher found Jack Harvey 1:36 into the third quarter for a 12-2 lead before Jackson Reilly (Churchton, Md./Southern) and Marshall finished solo runs around another Fletcher-to-Kolen connection to make it 13-4 with 4:39 on the clock.
• Marshall and Brooks connected once again for a man-up goal around goals from Connor Hume and Griffin Gelinas in the fourth quarter.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Jakob Katzen made 16 saves for his 14th double-digit save game of the year.
McDaniel concludes the season at home against Gettysburg on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.