Swarthmore (8-5, 1-5 CC) 21, McDaniel (2-13, 0-7 CC) 6
What: Centennial Conference men's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Apr. 20
Where: Swarthmore, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Swarthmore took a 9-1 lead in the first quarter en route to a 21-6 victory over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Jake Ross led the Garnet with five goals.
• Austin Chang added two goals and three assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Dylan Rittenhouse finished a feed from Mason Evarts with 11:14 to play in the first quarter for a 1-0 lead. Nathaniel Johns and Austin Chang then found the back of the net 44 seconds apart for a 3-0 lead before six minutes had elapsed. A Kieran McKenna tallied pushed the lead to 4-0 before Noah Longest (Camden, Del./Caesar Rodney) finished a solo run with 6:36 showing. Ryan Izquierdo needed just nine seconds to reestablish the four-goal lead. Jack Ross and Johns found the back of the net a minute apart before Will Vespole scored one minute later for an 8-1 lead with 2:55 remaining. Ross needed just another seven seconds for a 9-1 advantage.
• Jackson Reilly (Churchton, Md./Southern) finished the first of Carson Marshall's three helpers to make it 9-2 with 11:37 to play in the second. Change and Quin Seivold scored 43 seconds apart for an 11-2 lead before Pat Fegan (Edgewater, Md./South River) finished a Micah Brooks (Woolford, Md./Cambridge South Dorchester) feed with 6:36 to play before Chris Licitra and Ben Schaeffer scored in the final minute for a 13-3 halftime lead.
• Ross started another six-goal Swarthmore run in the third that included two more Licitra goals.
• Brooks and Nick DeLoriers each finished Marshall passes in the first 2:46 of the fourth quarter before two Garnet tallies and final DeLoriers marker with 2:48 to play set the final margin.
McDaniel concludes the season at home against Gettysburg on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.