Muhlenberg (10-3, 3-2 CC) 11, McDaniel (2-12, 0-6 CC) 5
What: Centennial Conference men's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Apr. 13
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Muhlenberg jumped out to a 7-2 lead en route to an 11-5 victory over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• PJ Lombara led the Mules with three goals.
• Ethan Grossman added a goal and four assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Micah Brooks (Woolford, Md./Cambridge South Dorchester) opened the scoring with an unassisted tally just 1:25 into the game. PJ Lombara responded off a Cooper Richards assists just 1:19 later to tie the game. Ethan Grossman then found Thomas Murphy with 6:31 showing before Lombara netted his second with 5:09 on the clock. Grossman and Murphy once again connected for a man-down goal and 4-1 lead with 2:35 remaining in the opening period. Jared Payne (Moorestown, N.J./Moorestown) finished a solo run with 1:44 remaining but Grossman responded just 10 seconds later. A James Dalimonte man-up tally with 46 ticks to play made it a 6-2 game after one quarter.
• Jake Whittingslow scored another man-up goal with 10:20 to play in the second quarter for a 7-2 lead. Jackson Reilly (Churchton, Md./Southern) scored off a Pat Fegan pass with 6:20 on the clock to make it a 7-3 game at the break.
• Colin Adams and Lombara found the back of the net 36 seconds apart for an 9-3 lead with 9:09 to play in the third. Whittingslow finished Grossman's fourth helper of the day for a 10-3 advantage after three.
• Fegan returned the favor for Reilly for a man-up goal with 13:34 to play but Alexander Giaquinto scored a minute later to push the lead back to seven. Sean Dougherty (Downingtown, Pa./Downingtown West) found the back of the net for the first time off a Fegan pass with 45 seconds left.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Jakob Katzen reached double-digit saves for the 12th time this season. It was his fifth game with 18 or more stops.
• Sean Dougherty scored his first collegiate goal in the contest.
• Muhlenberg finished with a 56-39 advantage in shots.
• Aaron Pray III (Germantown, Md./Maret School) won 11 of 20 faceoffs. He had four ground balls.
McDaniel returns to action at Swarthmore on Saturday. Game time is 12 p.m.