No. 9 Ursinus (9-1, 3-1 CC) 16, McDaniel (2-10, 0-4 CC) 7
What: Centennial Conference men's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Apr. 6
Where: Collegeville, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Ursinus, ranked ninth in the latest USILA Div. III coaches poll, outscored McDaniel 7-1 in the third quarter to break open a 9-5 game at halftime and win, 16-7.
• Micah Brooks (Woolford, Md./Cambridge South Dorchester) led the Green Terror with two goals and an assist.
• Bryce Brookhart (Ellicott City, Md./Mt. Hebron) matched Brooks with two goals and one assist.
• Jakob Katzen (Wilmington, Del./Wilmington Friends) made 19 saves in the cage.
FOR THE FOES
• Bobby McClure had a hand in half of the Bears' goals with six markers and two helpers.
• Peter DeSimone added five tallies while Hakan Atillasoy added four goals.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Bobby McClure opened the scoring with 10:49 to play in the first quarter before finding Peter DeSimone for a man-up tally just over two minutes later. Hakan Atillasoy finished a solo run with 6:40 on the clock for a 3-0 lead. Micah Brooks answered with 3:14 showing before McClure pushed the lead back to three, scoring with 31 ticks left in the quarter.
• Back-to-back Bryce Brookhart goals, including a man-up tally 23 seconds into the second quarter, keyed a 3-0 run over the first 3:58 of the second quarter to draw the game even. Brooks found Devon Maranto (Dayton, Md./Loyola Blakefield) for the game-tying goal. Two goals from DeSimone and two from McClure, however, keyed a 5-0 run that stretched the lead to 9-4 with 3:09 remaining in the quarter. Jackson Reilly (Churchton, Md./Southern) found the back of the net with 1:05 showing to make it a 9-5 game at the break.
• After McClure and Nick DeLoriers (Abington, Md./John Carroll) traded goals 1 minute, 24 seconds apart to make it a 10-6 game with 7:13 to play in third quarter, Atillasoy scored with 5:58 showing to start a 6-0 run to the end of the quarter.
• Brooks capped the scoring with the only goal of the fourth quarter, finishing a solo run with 12:14 to play.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Jakob Katzen reached double-digit saves for the 10th time this season.
• Nick DeLoriers has score in all 12 of his collegiate games. He is the only Green Terror player to score in each game this season.
McDaniel returns to action at home against No. 16 Franklin & Marshall on Wednesday. Game time is 5 p.m.