Washington (Md.) (3-6, 1-2 CC) 18, McDaniel (2-9, 0-3 CC) 6
What: Centennial Conference men's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Mar. 30
Where: Chestertown, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Washington scored the game's first eight goals and never looked back in an 18-6 win over McDaniel.
FOR THE FOES
• Casey Grieves led the Shoremen with four goals and two assists.
• Cody Pascale added three goals and four assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Cooper Sloan finished the first of Cody Pascale's four assists just 1:45 into the game before Trey Ritter doubled the advantage 46 seconds later. Two goals from Reilly and a Nick Boyles goal and assist keyed another four goals over the rest of the first quarter for a 6-0 lead after 15 mintues.
• Pascala scored with 11:51 to play in the second quarter before finding Grieves just over four minutes later for an 8-0 lead. Pat Fegan found Jared Payne (Moorestown, N.J./Moorestown) with 1:44 on the second-quarter clock before Noah Longest finished a solo run 18 seconds alter to make it 8-2. Kevin Trapp and Jeremy Wilson, however, each scored in the final 24 seconds of the half to push the lead back to eight at the break.
• Four goals, including three by Grieves in the first 2:32 of the third quarter made it a 13-2 game before Longest found Jackson Reilly (Churchton, Md./Southern) to momentarily halt the momentum with 10:15 showing. Three more Shoremen goals, including two man-up tallies, stretched the lead to 17-3 with 9:01 to play in the period. Nick DeLoriers (Abington, Md./John Carroll) found the back of the net with 6:57 remaining.
• After a Pascale man-up goal, Micah Brooks (Woolford, Md./Cambridge South Dorchester) and Fegan tallied goals 18 seconds apart for the final margin with 5:39 to play in the game.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Jack Paras (Barrington, R.I./Barrington) had six ground balls and two caused turnovers.
McDaniel returns to action at Ursinus on Saturday. Game time is 12 p.m.