Haverford (3-5, 1-0 CC) 11, McDaniel (2-7, 0-1 CC) 10
What: Centennial Conference men's lacrosse game
When: Saturday, Mar. 23
Where: Haverford, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Haverford jumped out to a 5-1 lead but then needed to score twice in the final 6:16 to top McDaniel, 11-10.
FOR THE FOES
• Ben Frost led the Fords with three goals of his own.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Zach Cohen and Jackson Reilly (Churchton, Md./Southern) traded markers in the game's first 3:23 before Ben Fujinaga started a four-goal Haverford run over the final 10:16 of the first quarter. Stephen DeLeo capped the quarter with a pair of solo runs.
• Bryce Brookhart (Ellicott City, Md/Mt. Hebron) closed the deficit to 5-2 off a Carson Marshall (Brookeville, Md./Glenelg) feed 1:22 into the second quarter but a pair of Ford tallies pushed the lead out to 7-2 with 9:26 showing. Pat Fegan (Edgewater, Md./South River found the back of the net with 8:20 on the clock before Micah Brooks and Reilly each scored to make it a 7-5 game with 3:12 to play in the first half. Marshall had the assists on the first two goals. Ben Frost pushed the lead back to three with 2:00 remaining.
• Frost then scored again two minutes into the second half before Brooks and Jared Payne (Moorestown, N.J./Moorestown) finished solo runs just over five minutes apart. Marshall then found Brookhart and Nick DeLoriers (Abington, Md./John Carroll) just 27 seconds apart to tie the game in the final minute of the third quarter.
• Brooks capped his hat trick with 9:09 remaining for a 10-9 lead before Frost tied the game three minutes later. Frost then found Garret Trucksess with 2:08 to play for the game winner.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Jakob Katzen made double-digit saves for the eighth straight game.
• The Fords finished with a 38-36 advantage in shots and 45-32 edge in ground balls.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Dickinson on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.