Mary Washington (2-1) 13, McDaniel (0-1) 12
What: Non-conference men's lacrosse game
When: Tuesday, Feb. 19
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Mary Washington tallied the game's first four goals before McDaniel eventually rallied to force overtime with a 3-0 run in the final 5:04 of regulation. The Eagles, however, found the back of the net at the final horn of the first overtime for a 13-12 victory.
• Jackson Reilly (Churchton, Md./Southern) led the Green Terror with three goals and an assist.
• Nick DeLoriers (Abingdon, Md./John Carroll) added a hat trick in his first collegiate game.
• Carson Marshall (Brookeville, Md./Glenelg) chipped in four assists.
FOR THE FOES
• Cole Hogan led three Eagles with three goals, adding three assists to his hat trick.
• Shane McKenzie added three goals and two assists.
• Chris White also netted three markers.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Chris White opened the scoring on a feed from Cole Hogan with 8:19 to play in the first quarter before Dyson Adam doubled the advantage just 13 seconds later. A Cameron Walker man-up tally and Shane McKenzie solo run 45 seconds apart pushed the lead to 4-0 with 3:07 remaining in the quarter.
• Jackson Reilly got the score back to 4-2 after one, scoring a pair of unassisted goals with 2:10 showing and eight ticks remaining.
• After Chase Kapuscienski and Micah Brooks (Woolford, Md./Cambridge South Dorchester) traded goals in over the first 7:11 of the second period, a Hogan goal and two from White made it an 8-3 game at the break.
• Senior Jack Paras (Barrington, R.I./Barrington) scored his first collegiate goal with 13:21 to play in the third quarter before Nick DeLoriers added his first career marker 1:20 later to close the deficit to 8-5. After Kiernan Burns pushed the lead back to four, Joey Conklin (Westinster, Md./Westminster) scored in transition with 8:28 on the clock. Trailing 10-6 after a Hogan goal, Brooks and Carson Marshall scored in the final 1:38 of the period to make it a 10-8 game going to the final period.
• McKenzie tallied Mary Washington's second man-up goal of the game with 12:46 remaining in the fourth before Will Rund (Elkridge, Md./Howard) finished a Marshall feed just shy of a minute later. After Hogan completed his hattrick, Marshall hit Reilly in a man-up situation after a tripping penalty on the Eagle goalie with 5:04 showing then Marshall found DeLoriers nearly two minutes later to close the margin to one. DeLoriers then got free and finished a laser top shelf with 1:48 to play, tying the game. Each team had an opportunity in the final minute but did not score to send the game to overtime.
• Mary Washington controlled possession for the majority of the extra session before McKenzie was able to finish from close range just as the final horn sounded for the game-winner.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Nick DeLoriers and Jack Paras each scored their first collegiate goals.
• Mary Washington won 18 of the 29 faceoffs.
• Casey Hammond (Thorndale, Pa./Coatesville Area) made seven saves in the second half and overtime.
McDaniel returns to action at home against No. 7 York (Pa.) on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.