McDaniel finishes third
What: Guy & Jeanne Kuhn Invitational in men's golf action
When: Sunday-Monday, Sept. 8-9
Where: Country Club of Meadville – Meadville, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel posted rounds of 309 and 302 to finish third at the Guy & Jeanne Kuhn Invitational hosted by Allegheny.
• Chuck Csejka (Orange, Conn./Amity Regional) finished tied for sixth overall to lead the Green Terror with a score of 151, posting a round of 75 on Sunday and 76 on Monday.
FOR THE FOES
• Allegheny turned in a round of 298 on Monday to overcome Carnegie Mellon and win the team title with a score of 599. The Tartans finished second with a score of 605 (293-312).
• Carnegie Mellon's Jay Mitch won the team title with a score of 146 (70-76).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Ryan McGarry (North Easton, Mass./Oliver Ames) placed 13th overall with a score of 154, carding matching rounds of 77.
• Collin MacDonald (Beverly, Mass./Beverly) was 16th overall with a score of 155. He followed up a first-round score of 81 with a second-round score of 74.
• Kevin Keane (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) posted a round of 76 on Sunday before finishing with a 36-hole score of 160 to tie for 25th.
• Christian Garruppo (Hilton Head, S.C./Hilton Head Prep) finished 33rd overall with a score of 161 that included a score of 75 on Monday.
• Adam Gibbs (Virginia Beach, Va./Frank W. Cox) played as an individual and finished 25th with a score of 160 (83-77).
THE INSIDE STORY
• Collin MacDonald's score of 74 on Monday was the third-best round in the field of 68 golfers over the final 18 holes.
McDaniel returns to action at the Tom Kinder Memorial at Lakeview Golf Club on Monday and Tuesday.