McDaniel finishes tied for sixth
What: Hershey Cup in men's golf action
When: Sunday-Monday, Apr. 7-8
Where: Hershey CC East – Hershey, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel posted the low round of Monday with a score of 297 to improve on its first-day standing and finish tied for sixth at the annual Hershey Cup. The Green Terror posted a round of 319 on Sunday and finished with a score of 616.
• Ryan McGarry (North Easton, Mass./Oliver Ames) finished fifth overall to lead the Green Terror. He was the only player on the squad to post both rounds in the 70s, carding a low round of 73 on Sunday before registering a round of 75 on Monday to finish with a 148.
FOR THE FOES
• Wittenberg won the team title with a score of 592 (295-297).
• Franklin & Marshall's Steve Nicholas won the individual crown with a score of 145 (71-74).
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Kevin Keane (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) and Shawn MacBurnie (Beverly, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) finished tied for 33rd with scores of 157. Keane fired an 82 on Sunday before posting a 75 on Monday. MacBurnie turned in a round of 84 over the first 18 and 73 over his final 18.
• Chuck Csejka (Orange, Conn./Amity Regional) was 42nd overall with a round of 158, posting an 80 on Sunday and 78 on Monday.
• Christian Garruppo (Hilton Head, S.C./Hilton Head Prep) placed 49th with a score of 160. He followed up a round of 86 with a round of 74.
• Collin MacDonald (Beverly, Mass./Beverly), playing as individual, matched Garruppo with a score of 160 (81-79).
McDaniel returns to action at the Kravitz Invitational on Friday and Saturday.