McDaniel finishes tied for fourth with 589
What: Oglethrope Royal Lakes Invitational in men's golf action
When: Monday-Tuesday, Oct. 1-2, 2018
Where: Royal Lakes – Flowery Branch, Ga.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel posted the lowest round of the tournament on Tuesday, firing a round of 286 to finished tied for fourth with a 36-hole score of 589.
• Kevin Keane (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) led the way for the Green Terror, placing tied for eighth with a score of 144. He posted a three-under par round of 69 on Tuesday after carding a 75 on Monday.
• Collin MacDonald (Beverly, Mass./Beverly) finished tied for 37th with a score of 149 (74-75)
• Christian Garruppo (Hilton Head, S.C./Hilton Head Prep) matched MacDonald with a final score of 149 after posting an even-par round of 72 on Tuesday.
FOR THE FOES
• Olgethorpe's Jacob Arnett won the individual title with a three-under par 136, posting sub-par rounds on both days.
• Babson and Greensboro tied for the low team score with 36-hole totals of 584. Hampden-Sydney was third with a score of 587.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Playing as an individual, Jack Ouellette (Marlborough, Mass./St. John's) placed 41st with a score of 150, carding a round of 74 on Monday and 76 on Tuesday.
• Shawn MacBurnie (Beverly, Mass./St. Mary's Lynn) fired a two-under par round of 70 on Tuesday to finish with a score of 152 and place 53rd.
• Chuck Csejka (Orange, Conn./Amity Regional) matched MacBurnie with a score of 152, carding a 77 over the first 18 and 75 over the second 18.
THE INSIDE STORY
• The 286 was the Green Terror's low round of the fall. It was the fifth sub-300 round.
• The A-Team has finished in the top four in all five of its tournaments this fall.
• Kevin Keane's round of 69 on Tuesday and 36-hole score of 144 were both career lows.
• Jack Ouellette's 36-hole score of 150 was a career low.
McDaniel's B-Team competes at the Gettysburg Fall Invitational on Wednesday before both teams are in action at its own Mason-Dixon Collegiate Classic at the Bridges on Saturday and Sunday.