McDaniel finishes third with B-Team
What: Dickinson Fall Invitational in men's golf action
When: Tuesday, Sept. 11
Where: Carlisle Barricks Golf Course – Carlisle, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel fired a round of 300 to place third in a field of 13 teams at the Dickinson Fall Invitational. The B-Team finished just three strokes behind Dickinson's starting lineup for second place.
• Ryan McGarry (North Easton, Mass./Oliver Ames) made his collegiate debut with a two-under par 70 to place second overall.
• Ryan Sember (Branford, Conn./Branford), playing as an individual, also fired a round under par with a score of 71 to place third.
• Anthony Barr (Harleysville, Pa./Souderton Area) fired a round of 73 to finish seventh in his collegiate debut.
FOR THE FOES
• Danny Harcourt won the individual title with a round of 68 to lead Gettysburg to the team title with a score of 288.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Brendan Shay (Mechanicsburg, Pa./Mechanicsburg Area) placed 21st overall with a round of 77.
• Mike Mandel (New York, N.Y./New Hartford) and Adam Gibbs (Virginia Beach, Va./Frank W. Cox) also made their debuts for the Green Terror. Mandel placed 31st with a round of 80 while Gibbs was 34th with a score of 81.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Ryan Sember's round of 71 was seven strokes better than his best round as a freshman.
• Ryan McGarry's round of 70 established not only a low round for him but a low round for any McDaniel player this season.
• It's the known time in program history that two Green Terror golfers carded a sub-par score in the same round.
McDaniel sends the B-Team to the 36-hole Penn State-Harrisburg Invitational on Sunday and Monday.