Dickinson (1-4, 1-1 CC) 61, McDaniel (3-3, 0-2 CC) 54
What: Centennial Conference (CC) men's basketball game
When: Wednesday, Dec. 4
Where: Carlisle, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Dickinson scored 13 of the game's final 17 points after McDaniel had rallied to take the lead, trailing by as many as 15 late in the first half, to secure a 61-54 victory.
• Aaron Washington (Washington, D.C./Montrose Christian) scored a season-high 12 points for the Green Terror.
• Josh Sproul (Princess Anne, Md./Washington Academy) led the way with 15 points and six rebounds.
FOR THE FOES
• Jack Tierney led the Red Devils with 14 points and 10 rebounds to go with three assists.
• Ryan Robinson added 17 points.
• Adam Drummond chipped in 15 points and four assists.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After Ryan Robinson and Kaelen Kanealey (Rochester, N.Y./Irondequoit) traded 3-pointers in the opening 1:29, four Adam Drummond free throws around a Caleb Johnson (Triangle, Va./Gar-Field) triple gave the hosts a 7-6 edge. The second two free throws started a 15-4 run that allowed Dickinson to build an 20-10 lead with 7:22 to play in the opening half. Drummond had six of 10 first-half points during the stretch. The lead swelled as large as 15 on a Robinson trey to make it 29-14 with 1:54 showing. An Aaron Washington 3-pointer with 31 ticks left closed the halftime margin to 31-20.
• Six points from Josh Sproul in the first 3:30 of the second half keyed an 8-2 burst that quickly sliced the deficit to five. Just over five minutes into the half, Washington drained a 3-pointer to make it a two-point game. Triples from Washington and Stephen Lang (Gaithersburg, Md./Poolesville) around two Kanealey free throws turned a 37-34 deficit with 10:42 to play into a six-point lead just 1:40 later.
• Dickinson, however, used four made free throws and a Robinson fast-break layup to tie the game once again with 7:08 remaining. A Robinson three-point play off a steal put the Red Devils back in front, stretching the run to 9-0 after the eight straight from the Green Terror. Tied at 48-all, Sam Beverly (Baltimore, Md./Baltimore City College) hit a layup to put McDaniel back in front. Jack Tierney, however, hit a 3-pointer from the right wing to put Dickinson ahead. A Drummond three-point play stretched the advantage to four with 2:38 to play. McDaniel drew to within two twice in the final 2:22 but could get no closer.
THE INSIDE STORY
• McDaniel held an opponent to 61 or fewer points for the fifth time in six games this season.
McDaniel returns to action at Ursinus on Saturday. Game time is 1 p.m.