Bryn Mawr (9-1, 3-1 CC) 5, McDaniel (2-8, 0-5 CC) 1
What: Centennial Conference (CC) field hockey game
When: Saturday, Oct. 12
Where: Bryn Mawr, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Bryn Mawr scored three goals in the second half to break open a 2-1 game at the break and top McDaniel, 5-1.
FOR THE FOES
• Five different players scored for Owls, including Samantha Shaw to open scoring just 4:32 into the game.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• After Samantha Shaw staked the hosts to an early 1-0 lead off a Sara Rilatt pass, Mary Cugini doubled the lead in just 5:27 into the second quarter.
• Emily Farrell drew McDaniel within 2-1 on a penalty stroke in the 29th minute.
• Kelly Bergman, however, pushed the advantage back to two just 3:29 into the second half.
• Zaynah Moen added an unassisted tally with 1:06 to play in the third quarter before Rilatt converted a stroke early in the fourth quarter.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Bryn Mawr finished with a 20-2 advantage in shots and 26-3 advantage in penalty corners.
McDaniel returns to action at home against No. 10 Johns Hopkins on Wednesday. Game time is 7 p.m.