Gettysburg (7-2, 3-0 CC) 7, McDaniel (2-5, 0-2 CC) 0
What: Centennial Conference (CC) field hockey game
When: Wednesday, Sept. 25
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Gettysburg scored twice in the final minute of the first half to break a scoreless deadlock en route to a 7-0 win over McDaniel.
• Paige Ford (Edgewater, Md./South River) made 16 saves in goal to lead the Green Terror.
FOR THE FOES
• Emma Bertrando scored twice to lead the Bullets.
• Megan Kratz scored two goals of her own.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Emma Bertrando broke open the scoring, finishing from the left side of the circle at the 29:19 mark.
• Just 24 seconds later, Megan Kratz bounced a shot off the keeper's pad and into the goal to double the lead just before the break.
• Julia Soares then found Bertrando on a corner and Lauren Beccaria on a breakaway just over two minutes apart for a 4-0 lead at the 37:40 mark.
• Henna Fraiman stretched the lead to 5-0 at the end of three quarters.
• Kratz finished just 63 seconds into the fourth quarter off a Maura Farinelli pass from the post.
• Angie Scheuermann capped the scoring in the 59th minute off a Beccaria pass from the top of the circle.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Gettysburg finished with a 28-4 advantage in shots and a 16-0 advantage in penalty coners.
• The 16 saves were a season-high for Paige Ford.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Swarthmore on Saturday. Game time is 5:30 p.m.