McDaniel (4-10) 3, Frostburg (2-12) 2
What: Non-Conference field hockey game
When: Wednesday, Oct. 17
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
McDaniel needed two overtimes but prevailed for a 3-2 win over Frostburg.
• Madison Jamison (Davidsonville, Md./South River) scored twice for the Green Terror, including the game-winner 2:32 into the second overtime.
• Paige Ford (Edgewater, Md./South River) made seven saves in goal.
• Madison Downey (Millersville, Md./Old Mill) had an assist and defensive save.
FOR THE FOES
• Ashleigh Myers scored the first goal for the Bobcats.
• Brooke Lafayette netted the equalizer late in regulation.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Madison Jamison drew the keeper out and then scored on an open cage for a 1-0 lead at the 13:57 mark.
• On a second consecutive corner – called after the clock had expired in the first half – Taylor Hackett passed from the top to her left, where Ashleigh Myers fired it home to even the game at the break.
• On a corner in the 48th minute, Madison Downey sent a hard ball form the top-right to the back post where Emily Farrell (Hampton, Va./Kecoughtan) tipped it up and into the cage for a 2-1 advantage.
• With just 2:36 to play in regulation, Brooke Lafayette took advantage of a loose ball to score on the back post.
• After each team got off two shots in the first overtime but could not convert, Jamison had a breakaway in the third minute of the second extra session. She once again drew the keeper out before being able to play the ball around her and fire it home on a wide open cage for the game-winner.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Frostburg finished with a 13-12 edge in shots.
• The Bobcats had a 13-7 advantage in penalty corners, including 8-2 in the first half.
• McDaniel won its second double-overtime game of the season.
• The Green Terror has won back-to-back games and three of its last four.
McDaniel returns to action at Muhlenberg on Friday. Game time is 7 p.m.