Keystone (1-2) 4, McDaniel (0-3) 1
What: Non-Conference field hockey game
When: Sunday, Sept. 9
Where: La Plume, Pa.
THE SKINNY STORY
Keystone scored three second-half goals to break a 1-all halftime deadlock and defeat McDaniel, 4-1. The Giants scored twice in a 7-minute, 8-second span early in the second half.
• Emily Houska (Shrewsbury, Pa./Susquehannock) scored for the Green Terror, tying the game at 1-all at the 28:53 mark.
• Jensyn Koontz (Hampstead, Md./North Carroll) had the assist on Houska's goal.
• Paige Ford (Edgewater, Md./South River) made six saves in nearly 50 minutes of action in goal.
• Emily Farrell (Hampton, Va./Kecoughtan) had a defensive save.
FOR THE FOES
• Kayla Hain scored twice for the Giants, tallying both markers in the first 8:21 of the second half.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Jackie Martin finished a Taylor Cercone assist for a 1-0 lead in the 22nd minute.
• Emily Houska tied the game just over seven minutes later to make it a tie game at the break.
• Kayla Bain finished from Jackie Martin just 1:12 into the second half then stretched the lead to two just 7:08 later with an unassisted tally.
• Savanna Robinson found Ashley Davie for the final goal in the 63rd minute.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Keystone had a 25-11 advantage in shots.
• Both team had nine penalty corners.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Bridgewater on Tuesday. Game time is 4:30 p.m.