Wesley (2-0) 3, McDaniel (0-2) 2
What: Non-Conference field hockey game
When: Sunday, Sept. 2
Where: Westminster, Md.
THE SKINNY STORY
Each team scored two goals in the second half but it was a Wesley goal in the 26th minute of the first half that proved the difference in a 3-2 win over McDaniel. The Wolverines finished with slight edges in shots (14-12) and penalty corners (8-5).
• Madison Jamison (Davidsonville, Md./South River) tallied her first collegiate points. She had an assist in the 42nd minute and her first goal in the 62nd minute.
• Megan Quattrone (Carlisle, Pa./Carlisle Area) had the other goal for the Green Terror.
• Paige Ford (Edgewater, Md./South River) made six saves on the day.
FOR THE FOES
• Rebecca Dvorak provided the only first-half goal, scoring on a blast from the top of the arc at the 25:22 mark.
• Lauren Berry made eight saves in 61 minutes of action between the pipes.
THE REST OF THE STORY
• Kaila Hindt and Megan Quattrone traded goals 20 seconds apart to make it a 2-1 game.
• Jamison's goal came six and a half minutes after Hanna Giaccone tipped a ball into the top of the net for a 3-1 lead.
THE INSIDE STORY
• Each team took seven shots in the first half.
• Madison Jamison was the first of the five newcomers to the team this year to register a point.
McDaniel returns to action at home against Frostburg on Thursday. Game time is 6 p.m.